- Do you feel that your physical or mental energy resources are flagging?
- Do you experience tiredness and stiffness in the morning?
- Do you experience itchiness, skin rashes or acne?
- Do you get sinus build up when you eat dairy products or other foods?
- Do you retain fluid in your hands and feet?
- Do you feel bloated?
- Do you experience mood swings, PMT or find your breasts become tender and hold water during menstruation?
- Do you feel easily overwhelmed or suffer from low moods?
- Have you gained weight and find it difficult to reduce?
- Are you making slow recovery from an illness?
If you have said yes to one or more of the questions above then it is likely that your body’s lymphatic system is blocked and needs a boost.
According to Ayurveda the lymph system has a dual role in maintaining health and longevity. Firstly it helps to carry nutrition around the body and into the cells so that all cells, organs and systems have exactly what they need.
Secondly, the lymph is the place where waste, debris or toxicity is taken, much like a waste station. From there the body uses the lymph system to drain or remove the accumulated wastes out of your body.
When the lymph becomes congested it impacts both your physical energy and also impacts your mental functions and emotional wellbeing.
Fortunately there are some simple choices you can make to help your mind and body get back their usual vigour:
Step 1: Targeted Lymph Scrubbing Support
Find a good quality exfoliating glove and massage your body daily while in the shower or when dry followed by oil massage.
I get my gloves here: https://naturalthings.co.nz/product/exfoliating-glove/ but I’ve also picked up some lovely gloves at Bed, Bath and Beyond on special recently.
Step 2: Eat antioxidant-rich foods
- Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, cherries, beetroots, turmeric, pomegranates and cranberries.
- Fill 50% of your plate with green veges as they are alkalising and help to move lymph.
Step 3: Hydrate and help your lymph system flush out toxins
- Sip hot water every 10-25 minutes each day for 2 weeks. Make up a flask and sip it through the day. Don’t over drink, and avoid cold water.
Step 4: Be active
- Activity helps to move the fluids in the lymph around the body. Aim to walk for 20-30 minutes or walk up and down a flight of steps a few times daily.
Step 5: If you need a boost try a Lymphatic massage at Fusion Ayurveda
Follow this programme for 1 month and if you are feeling lighter and have more energy then consider doing it for another 1-2 months.