Quite a few of my clients have colds at the moment – the change in season upsets the immune system, it’s an important time to nurture yourself. Here’s a beautiful Kerala ayurvedic cold remedy. You can also inhale it when cooking it.
- Basil Leaves – 2 handfuls
- Shallots – 3 small
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Whole Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole Cardamom pods – 3 pods
- Black pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Sugar (raw sugar) – 2 Tbsp
- 4 Glasses of Water
- Boil the ingredients – inhale the steam!
- Reduce the liquid to half by boiling the liquid and then sieve the concoction
- Drink the warm concoction