Creamy pumpkin oatmeal breakfast is tasting so good right now – the perfect Autumn brekkie.
Did you know pumpkin is rich in anti-oxidants such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E some B vitamins as well as supplying a fantastic dose of fibre?
Pumpkin also contains minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Pumpkins are known to be anti inflammatory with its high levels of beta-carotene.
Ingredients to serve 4: 🎃🎃🎃🎃
- 200ml water
- 200g cut pumpkin
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 80 g oatmeal (flakes)
- 300 ml soy milk (or any other milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Cover the pumpkin cubes and raisins with water and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
- Add soy or any other milk and bring to boil again.
- Add oatmeal flakes, cinnamon powder, cardamon powder, and turmeric.
- Cook for another ten minutes.
- Slightly mash/blend to your preference.
- Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds @ salt and serve.
I’m currently opting for a 16 hour daily fasting period over lockdown so this has been perfect for my brunch just before midday.