The principle of Ayurveda is to find harmony for the mind, soul, and body and that means that good sleep is very important to achieve that. That is why moon milk came about, because of its high praises for being able to relieve stress.
- 1 cup of plant based or whole,raw dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of (real) maple syrup
- Start by gently heating the coconut oil in a small pot. Slowly add milk. Stir in turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and ginger.
- Reduce heat and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup at the end. (I add a little ashwaghanda to mine).
- Enjoy 😊